Masterbatch: - Masterbatch is a concentrated mixture of pigments and/or additives encapsulated during a heat process into a carrier resin which is then cooled and cut into a granular shape. Masterbatch allows the processor to colour raw polymer economically during the plastics manufacturing process.
In addition to impart the desired colour/ shade, MUNDHRA ADDITIVE MASTERBATCH modify various other base properties into desirable properties of the plastics such as Ultra-violet resistance, flame retardant, anti-fogging, anti-static, lubrication, anti-slip, anti corrosive additives, anti-microbial/antifugal /anti algae, anti-oxidants, extrusion aids(Silicon) , Freshness Plus, Rodent Repellent, Oxo-Biodegradable etc.
Dosage percentage: - The required dosage depends upon the raw material used, wall thickness of the end product as well as parameters of engineering process and other factors. (Refer to the technical specification sheet provided with the material supplied for the exact percentage for the particular grade).
*Table 1 (Dosage percentage calculation example in the batch).
|Required Dosage Percentage||Weight of Base resin (Kg.)||Weight of the Masterbatch (Kg.)|
*For the calculation of Dosage % please refer table 1 below.
Good handling practices:-
• Always pre-dry the Masterbatch before using in the batch, to remove moisture in standard drying conditions (Refer table 2)*.
• Store the material in dry normal room temperature.
• Always keep material in original packing, keep the bag tightly closed after taking material for batch formation to avoid any foreign contamination.
• Keep away from direct sunlight.
• Handle the Masterbatch with clean hands/tools to avoid stains in the components.
• Never use hook to handle or to pick the bags.
• Durability/ shelf life is mentioned in the technical test report for the particular grade. (Generally between 12~24 months and above mentioned storage and handling conditions.
*Table 2 (Pre-drying Temperature and drying time guidance Table).
|Base resin||Pre-drying Temperature||Time Period||Base resin||Pre-drying Temperature||Time Period|
|PP||70-80||1-2 hrs||TPE||120||3-4 hrs|
|PA6/PA66||80||3-5 hrs||PMMA||70-80||2-3 hrs|
|ABS/SAN||70-80||2-3 hrs||PBT/PET||120||4-5 hrs|
|PC||120||3-4 hrs||POM||90-100||3-4 hrs|